Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Rain Town, A work by Ishida Hiroyasu. What became of this graduate??


Watch this short animation and then tell me if you felt the wonder.
                                            

On my persistent search for the best and easy to use animation I embarked on last year as my interest in animation grew. I stumbled on this marvelous video after finally finding the acclaimed animation programmed that was indeed used to make this (it's TVPaint if you wondered...you're welcome). I knew that there is a certain amount of satisfaction and feel of self-reward when you find something you so desperately searched for, but I never knew karma could be this generous.

Rainy Town is a work by the kyoto Seika University  graduate Hiroyasu "Tete" Ishida that was released in march 2011. The work at hand was his graduation project, so it's safe to assume he passed with ease (excluding the hard work on the project of course). Yes, this short film that received a countless amount of positive reception by both the YouTube community and the few members of My Anime List.



Hiroyasu Ishida



11 months and one blog later I find myself puzzled about the fact that all my search for his name on Google ended in vein. While that may have been acceptable last year, it raises some question right now concerning the fact that there are no more new project of this man. I tried his Twitter but that was not an option ( Japanese? Translator please...). I searched the few fan sites and blogs I could find and found only the picture at your left... Seriously the enigma of this 21 year old artist (possibly 22 year old now) whereabouts and current projects is haunting the corners of my mind every time I see this  beautiful shot film and it's short yet rich in content 



       In this town, since who knows when, rain has never stopped.
"rain town."
People's memories are now deeply submerged.
But into this forgotten rainy town
sometimes, someone wanders.
Residents moved out to suburbs and high ground around

That smart bit of text made me interested even before I knew what this was. So did the soundtrack let's not forget that one. 

Source: Click here

Also I thank This blog for confirmation that this was indeed made with TV Paint. Click on it they have the pictures proving it!
Now I'm going to leave with a strong note... Well not really,I'm just going to add that one artist such as Hiroyasu Ishida should not be forgotten. If you can captivate an audience with inspiring animation made by one mind, then lord knows what he'll pull out of his sleeves with enough funding and a devoted team. Think about it, and feel free to comment.


M.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment